No one likes the end of summer. The weather gets colder, the days get shorter and if you live in Canada, months of snowy, frost-bitten weather lie ahead.
There's a lot to do to prepare your home for Canada’s harsh winter months. And if you own a pool, closing it for the season is an absolutely essential, albeit tedious and time-consuming task.
Your pool must be thoroughly cleaned, from its liner to the filter, skimmer and pump basket to avoid any damage during the winter or startup in the spring. Your pool water level must be lowered and the remaining water must be chemically treated to ensure it doesn't freeze. Water expands while frozen and will cause damage to your liner, including tearing and punctures. Any drain plugs must be removed and a winter cover will need to be placed over the pool surface for protection of outside elements.
You can rest assured that your swimming pool will be properly protected all winter long, as our pool closing services are the best insurance to avoid any weather damage. An improperly closed swimming pool can result in costly repairs down the road, including liner tearing and problems with the pump and filtration systems.
If you need professional pool closing services, call us today to book an appointment 416.990.POOL (7665)
Let an expert take care of your fall/winter pool closing and remove the headaches you experienced each year closing your pool. Choose a city near you below for fall pool closing information.
Pool Brothers Inc. will:
- Drain water level appropriately.
- Remove skimmer basket, circulation equipment eyeballs, etc.
- Blow out lines then foam rope installed in skimmer and winterizing antifreeze added into pipes.
- Remove diving board and pool deck accessories.
- Step ladders removed and bolts greased.
- Pool light winterized.
- Add needed closing chemicals – don't worry they are on us!
- Install winter cover/lock in cover & water bags.
- Winterize pool pump, filter heater - antifreeze provided by us.
- Place pool deck accessories in your desired location.
What you will have ready for the brothers:
- Cover, water bags, pool accessories, plugs and foam rope ready for closing date.
- Outdoor power to be accessible.
- Make sure gate is unlocked.
- Vacuum pool and balance water.
- Remove solar blanket if applicable.
*Pre-pay your opening/closing together and save 10%.